Tuesday 28 July 2015

My First Interview - Bath Spa Graphic Communication

Bath Spa interview
On the 16th of February I had my first Interview for a place on the Graphic Communication Degree course at Bath spa.
I was required to have a portfolio with a varied content. This included material that showed my ability within art and design as a whole, as well as more subject specific things like typography, photography and illustration.
The interview took place in a classroom with around 5 other candidates. We were each individually assigned a teacher to go through our portfolio with. During the session we had to go through each page and explain piece of work on it.
Once we had finished presenting our work the teacher would ask us a few questions. These included what was it about the course that made you apply? What mad Bath spa different to any other school? and many more. Once I answered the questions it was then my turn to ask some questions. Luckily I came prepared as one of the number one rules whilst having an interview is to ask questions as well as answer. My question was, what can your school and teachers offer me to ensue I achieve the best I can and enjoy m experience? I was also curious about whether they do placements or exchange programmes?
Overall, I felt this interview was a little bit too brief and rushed, However, towards the end of the interview I was offered a place on the course under the conditions hat I attain the required grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment