Sunday 5 October 2014

My Personal Statement Draft

Intro
-An ambitious and determined individual looking to further my education at your university. I have excellent analytical skills, and I am an effective team player.
Me and the Course
-Subject Specific Skills - Creativity, Innovative, Practical Ability, Problem Solving and Team work
-Ambition of Progress – Creative advertising, art director or illustrator
About Myself
-Hobbies and interests – Drawing, Graphic Illustration, Music, Travelling, Catching up with current affairs in the world, Reading
-What makes me different? 1. My enthusiasm to get inspired and learn new things from an array of people and sources.                                                                                                                      
2. I don’t allow knockbacks or failure to hinder my confidence or drive to succeed.
My aspiring career path and course
-Why I want to be in the chosen industry? I want to be in the creative industry because it allows individuals to express themselves through creativity, and let their artistic juices flow. Having a career in this industry would be perfect for me since I have always been a very visual and practical person.
-What can I bring to the course? 1. An advanced and wide knowledge in certain Art and Design based techniques. This is due to The Brit School that has offered me the opportunity to try a number of interesting things within Art and Design that I wouldn’t have experienced otherwise in another school. Although, this is not to say that there isn’t room for improvement and learning more things. 2. Encouragement and Motivation – I am self motivated and also have the ability to encourage and motivate others.
-Why do I want to do the chosen course? In a previous project at school we were presented with the chance to do lens based and graphic design activities. It included the use of Photoshop, film photography, film development, digital photography and T-shirt design. My involvement in these activities triggered my interest in graphic design.  I feel this course is extremely diverse in the sense that it opens doors to a number of careers.
-What inspires me? Living in London I get doses of inspiration every day. It is such a diverse and vibrant city full of things to see and do, making it virtually impossible not to get inspired. I also gain inspiration from travelling to different Cities and Countries, where I get the opportunity to experience other cultures.
-External influences? My external influences include Graphic Designer Otl Aicher, Paula Scher (a significant female graphic designer), and Illustrator Harry Clarke.
-Projects and work that I have done appropriate to the course – Postcodes which was a lens based and Graphics project (digital photography, film photography, film development, Photoshop, T-shirt design, typography). I am currently doing a narrative illustration project.
Qualities and Achievements
-Other all round qualities
1. Patient
2. Dedicated
3. Hard worker
-Independent Qualities – I am good at listening to and taking on advice that is given to me.
-Achievements and awards – 10 A*-C GCSE’s including a C in Maths and a B in English.
-Work Experience – Pulse Community Cafe| Vegan and Vegetarian cafe and venue
I am part of the Student Leadership team and I have the role as Technicians Assistant at school.

-Employment – Forster’s School and Leisure wear

No comments:

Post a Comment