Thursday 12 March 2015

What Course Do I Need To Do At University In Order To Become A Creative In An Advertising Company?

As I was looking at University courses relevant to creative advertising and Graphic Design, Creative Advertising and Advertising and Marketing stood out to me. However, through a lot of research I found that Advertising and Marketing isn't the course I am looking for as it is more focused on the business and finance side of advertising rather than the creative side.
Consequently, I then started to research which courses would be relevant or helpful for someone who aspired to work as a creative within an Advertising or Branding firm. Here is what I found:





My research showed me that I don't necessarily need to do an advertising course to be an Art Director. The courses my research recommended were things like Graphic design, Fine Art, Visual communication etc. However, Graphic is said to be an essential for an aspiring Creative as you will learn about idea generation and problem-solving as well as the practical side of it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment